Monday, June 13, 2011

Reminders - Eating Disorder Recovery

It's been one of those days, and it's not even noon yet.



Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
-1 Corinthians 6:19-20

When you love your body, you are most able to share its pleasures with those who light your heart.
Huitaco

All of you surely know that you are God's temple and that his Spirit lives in you.
-1 Corinthians 3:16

I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am.
Sylvia Plath

The words "I am" are potent words; be careful what you hitch them to. The thing you're claiming has a way of reaching back and claiming you.
A.L. Kitselman

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.
-1 Samuel 16:7

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
— Dr. Seuss

At this very moment, you may be saying to yourself that you have any number of admirable qualities. You are a loyal friend, a caring person, someone who is smart, dependable, fun to be around. That's wonderful, and I'm happy for you, but let me ask you this: are you being any of those things to yourself?
Phillip C. McGraw

Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
-Matthew 6:25

Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.
Les Brown

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
-Vincent Van Gogh

For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church
-Ephesians 5:29

When the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it may be that they take better care of it there.
Cecil Selig
I feel my body, my mind, weighted down - all is heavy - but my blood, my inner fire, my passion, the little unburdened kid in me, patiently wait to burst free. Some of us die never having burst.
Drew Sirtors

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
— Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!